Monday, February 21, 2011

Daytona and Stuff

I went to Daytona this weekend, and before you ask, I did not attend the Daytona 500. To be fair however, being in Daytona during the race is very similar to actually being there, as you can hear absolutely everything that goes on at the speedway from anywhere in the near vicinity (for example, neighboring countries.)

I went to visit a few friends to whom the word "NASCAR" means "loud noises" and "insufferable traffic." Although, giving it the moniker of "insufferable" is being incredibly generous. To put it mildly, it was difficult going anywhere. So, while I'd love to regal you with awesome beach tales and drunk humor, we basically played video games all weekend.
As you can see, the scary traffic monster is keeping me from a building, some would assume it's a house. Don't, it's a restaurant. The traffic didn't care about my hunger. It was all "Walk, punk."

If I was the proud owner of a helicopter, I imagine I could have played "Spot the Road." The game where the question "What do we do with the Helicopter today?" is answered. Islands? Mountain ski resorts? Ridiculously hot women? Nah, spot the road in Daytona, bitches.

I suppose I could finish this post by lamenting the incredible loss of money that occurred this weekend (it was only 50 bucks all told, but, guys, that's like 25% of my current net worth) but instead, I'll say this: If you want to do anything like blogging professionally, you will probably have to use Social Networking tools, like Twitter or Friendster. I left my Twitter account alone for all of two days and it very obviously felt horribly abused.
I realize "Dave (me)" looks really thin in this picture. Don't hate my self-image.

I'm going to do my best to get into a multiple post a week rhythm, but working on the comic website is slowly, possibly irrevocably, driving me insane. And every time I'm in desperate need of something comically newsworthy to talk about in a post, some tragedy inevitably happens that makes throwing anything other than personal humorous stories out quite difficult.

I'll sign off tonight with best wishes, thoughts and prayers, for everyone in New Zealand and Libya at the moment, as said people recover from (or continue to go through) their separate tragedies/issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment