Friday, February 7, 2014

Cat Cafes -- My Greatest Fear, Realized

Yes! Finally. The time for my personal Duality of Man crisis moment has come.

My greatest enemy and my greatest love (sorry Honey) have finally been combined into one, amorphous, terrible and yet beautiful business-related-blob.





This is a cat. He's probably annoyed about something you're doing.




                                 


                       This is a cup of coffee. It's probably delicious.






This is a small cat, sometimes known as a kitten, in a coffee cup. It's probably plotting your death.








That's right, beloved readers. There are Cat Cafe's, and they're coming to America. No word yet on the Eddie Murphy connection. The article states, "The cafes will be located in San Francisco and Oakland, Calif., and will be named KitTea and Cat Town Cafe. Both of the cat-themed restaurants are looking at a 2014 opening."

As you may know, I am deathly allergic to cats. It doesn't take me long to realize I've entered a cat infested house. The itching feeling, the watering and swelling of my eyes, the disturbance in the Force that tells me my death is near--all sure signs that someone has made the mistake of not adopting a dog.

You can probably see why the news of cat-toting cafes is disheartening for me. I already have to deal with cigarettes, constant agitators of my bi-annual struggles with bronchitis, at most cafes I regularly attend. That is to say Starbucks (pick it up entrepreneurs.) I don't know if I could handle this phenomena spreading to Orlando.

Of course, Korea is experimenting with Puppy Cafes. Which is probably worse news. I pose to you this question: How many times can a husband come home with a new puppy before he's just a single man hoarding dogs?


1 comment:

  1. The Cafes have all worked out affiliations with the local Humane Societies in an effort to find homes for the animals that live in their cafes and around their area. I think it was a law, but I wanted to add that to let people know that before it became an issue. It just wasn't funny. In fact it was kind of cute.

    ReplyDelete