Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nick Cage is on my Website, and he's Angry About It (or should be...)

Guys. Guys. I have an advertisement on my blog.

This isn't unexpected, I've had google ads running on the site for about a month in some vain hope that eventually, inevitably (hopefully), people would start reading everyday, I would start writing more, and we (you as the reader, me as the writer, as expected) would grow a pair and take a not-so-literary journey of uproarious comedy and covered-up in-the-cafe-laughter (or maybe only giggles, depending on the blog and your poor taste in humor) through time, space and hyperbole. Oh, and i would get paid.

That's right, paid. Let's not sugarcoat anything here, I love writing, and no matter how bad, unfunny, or generally lousy I can be at it (with it?), I always hold onto the belief that I can do better, be better. I can make you cry, I can make you laugh, I can get a stalker (who maybe takes weekends off to keep the creepiness factor low and the thrill factor high.) But, I need money, for to buy things.

However, up until now, my advertisements have mirrored the actual blog. Things about writing blogs, or targeted ads that take out keywords in each piece, so dental hygiene when I talked about my root canal or funeral homes when I talked about my grandmothers funeral (that one seemed inappropriate and raised all sorts of questions about automated advertisements.) But this one? This one is a movie! And not just any movie, it has Nick Cage in it (so it's even a real movie!) With his recent track record, it's altogether likely that it's a (really) horrible movie, but...guys, it's a movie.

Does this mean I'm internet famous?

Probably not, but it's still nice.

The thing that strikes me as the most 'interesting' tidbit is that, in looking at the advertisement (the movie is Drive Angry) I didn't think:

"Guns and Nick Cage, a recipe for a fun disaster!" No, I thought: "Oh look, that hot girl that had about ten-seconds of human screen time and fifty of zombie screen time got a feature role in a movie. Good for her. She's hot."

Okay, okay, so I thought "she's hot" first (and about a dozen other times throughout my 'thinking process.') I'm only human but, I totally have a humor blog with movie advertisements on it, so, yeah, I'm e-awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment